Sunday, April 12, 2009

Watchmen (2009)


Superhero movies are just gay. I think they're overdone, the acting sucks, and the costumes usually look like shit. So when I saw this guy dressed as Hawkman, I lost any interest I might have had in watching this. Then I found out about the transdimensional blue guy, which made the whole thing much more appealing.

Not having any prior knowledge of the comic series, I found this amoral superhero to be pretty satisfying. The blue guy doesn't give a shit about people because he's on another dimension of existence and human affairs no longer matter. It rekindles sociological ideas about how much humanity sucks and how people are petty and worthless. So in Watchmen, we see them beating up people all the time and disposing them like they're nothing. Basically, you can do whatever you want because the desires and opinions of other humans are puny and irrelevant. That is the basis of a good superhero movie.

Blue caulk. I'd like to see people try to dress up as these characters because it is totally impossible (Rorschach) and nobody should even try to cosplay as the blue guy.
Rating: 70%

1 comment:

Jusl89 said...

Nobody except Blue Guy had super powers. Bad movie, about 2 hours too long.

And besides it's not hard to find Watchmen cosplay just google it.