Sunday, May 10, 2009

(2007)


I'm on a Steve Carell movie blitz. I find everything about him to be funny so I will watch any movie that he is in. I guess it's his face and the way he talks that I find so funny. I remember watching The 40 Year Old Virgin many years ago and finding it just weird. "Absurdly unrealistic", I'd thought. But years passed and I think about how awkward things actually are in real life and suddenly awkward humor finds it's hilarious place in my mind.

This is the first Steve Carell movie that I've seen where he attempts a serious romantic drama. So, this movie isn't actually as awkward as I would've liked, but it still turned out really well. A single father of 3 daughters, Dan is an underachiever and a parenting advice columnist struggling with cumbersome family matters of his own. Of course, this isn't his only source of trouble. The many years of being a single father are gnawing at his sanity. Most of the time, I would find a movie like this to be mild and boring, but with Carell, it's acting gold omg hillllarious.

Rating: 80%

No comments: