Sunday, January 11, 2009

Left 4 Dead


Your own quick wits, a firearm and three potentially idiotic total strangers are all that's between you and a million contagious lunatics who all run as fast as Kenyans. To round out the 28 Day Later zombie crowd, there are also "special" zombies who can tongue you from a distance, throw cars at you, and barf at you so you go blind, This game is fun as hell.

However, I've yet to be able to play it with any of my cheap-ass friends who are all jobless and destitute, so I'm stuck with whomever the game randomly groups me with, which is a thrill in itself. Will I get Der Fuhrer, the gamer Nazi who angrily demands I follow his orders over voice chat? Will I get the Sprinter, the guy who just says "Ok RUN, RUN, JUST RUN" and takes off as soon as the game starts (and is immediately mobbed and eaten alive)? Will I get That One Guy Who Freaks Out? The Friendly Fire Idiot? The group of friends who all know each other and talk about me like I'm not there? The 4Chan Griefers? It sure is fun to find out.

Rating: Fucking Awesome
Pros: The first cooperative shooter that requires actual cooperation
Cons: "Guys, if I start to turn, you'll shoot me won't you?"
"Sure." *BLAM*
"Not yet you teamkilling faggot! Ah SHIT!"
Second Opinion Rating: I will...I will...I WILL SURVIVE!!!

3 comments:

Jusl89 said...

Griefers? now you got me interested.

SATSUXBALLZ said...

i like the multiplayer survival mode but i cant deal with the zombies popping out of nowhere and waiting for the fire to die down and the zombie that is just basically the hulk what the hell is that huh i just cant deal with all these zombies i just cant

Anonymous said...

Try the versus modes where you get to play as zombies