Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Bucket List (2007)


This title sounded really gay so I refused to watch it until now, when my boredom has reached new highs that compelled me. We have 2 famous and incredibly seasoned actors here that spend the movie hanging out and having friendly jibes at each other. Does that sound like a good watch to you? Hells no, that sounds faggoty and boring.

The better part of Bucket List is spent with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson in a duo dialog. A duolog. Or something. With these 2 guys working together, the acting doesn't fail. While admitted in the same hospital room, they decide to do a "bucket list", or a list of stuff you want to do before you kick the bucket. So knowing that their time is limited, they go on an adventure to complete those things and cross off the items when they've done it.

Here's an example of a bucket list that I am happy to share with you from my own list of things I'd like to do before I'm dead.

The Bucket List
Make a difference in a total stranger's life.
Laugh until my midsection hurts too much to laugh any more.
Return this shitty movie to the library.
Kill a woolly mammoth with my bare hands.
Kill 5 men.
Kill 10 men.
20 men, and I wear this emblem.
Get Buzzy Aldrin to admit that the moon landing was fake.
Reconquer Jerusalem.
Learn necromancy so that I can resurrect Hitler and give him another chance at Art School.
Learn to use psionic weapons.

Jack Nicholson has lost some of his fire. He's old and decrepit and looks mildly like a down syndrome kid.
Rating: 50%

1 comment:

Frankenstein said...

Balls' bucket list:

Buy a bucket
Fill it with white man blood
Mix it with black man blood
Fantasize about summoning fireballs
Initiate 4th Reich
Get infected with double AIDS and spread it around
Confront someone