Friday, February 8, 2008

Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006)


I went into this one thinking it would be a good laugh. I expected bad music typical with racing movies, drifting off of buildings, rice factory, I wanted to see it all. What I got instead was a bunch of funny looking Asian people with bony faces, just horrible horrible music, and half the cast of Better Luck Tomorrow hanging out in a parking garage.
I'm not really into this whole ricerphile thing so I didn't tune into most of it, but there was a decent story going on here. Director Justin Lin, the same director as in Better Luck Tomorrow and Finishing the Game and the only director that does films about Asian Americans, gave this movie his mark of style. He used the same actors, the same screenplay, everything. That explains why the white guy didn't start off rabidly procreating with all the Asian women as is usual, and stuck with "gaijins" instead.

Rating: 65%
I would've liked it more if I could name just one of those cars. But I can't, too rich for me.

No comments: