Saturday, March 8, 2008

Meet the Spartans (2008)


I've been avoiding this for a long time. It kept getting re-posted and I kept skipping over it cuz it looked gay. I've never even seen Meet the Parents, Fockers, or whatever sequel they're on now, so I wasn't really interested in it. But one afternoon, I had nothing better to watch so I went with Meet the Spartans.
God damn, this movie is fucking shit. Its a scene-by-scene copy of 300 with insertions of stupidity and middle school humor. They threw in references to just about 100 other movies, Chris Crocker (amazingly enough), and a bunch of other pop-culture shit I probably didn't catch on to.

I just couldn't get over how magnaminously stupid this was. Is this geared toward naive foreigners or autistic people or remedial 6th graders or what? How did this totality of bullshit get turned into a movie? Wait wait...MAYBE this is just a big joke from Hollywood saying "This abomination is what happens when everyone on earth pirates our movies!"
....
or maybe it does really suck that much :(

Rating: 10%
To the Director of Meet the Spartans:
Do you shoot all your movies in your back yard, or is this just a test to see how many people would ask for their money back?

1 comment:

Frankenstein said...

wow i severely wish you hadnt posted that