Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Bernie Mac Show (2001-2006)

I saw an episode of this on late night TV. It was either David Letterman whom I find annoying, or this. I wasn't really sure what the show was trying to portray, but all I saw was a black man beating his kids with a belt and using a lot of egregious Ebonics words. God, Bernie Mac is a shitty actor. He gets paid to act like a stereotypical black man, which isn't too hard given the fact that he is indeed very black.

Rating: 20%
Who has done this? Why?

08/12/2008 edit: Ok, so Bernie Mac died and you're pissed that I insulted him. Whats the big deal? He makes jokes about black people...the same jokes...perhaps hundreds of times. Hundreds of repetitions of the same damn joke. The man is black! What's so funny about that? Aren't you insulted by that? He is insulting you and you're laughing!
Take his role in the Oceans series: Oceans 11. What were his lines? A rant about black inequality? Did he have any other meaningful lines? No! He just does this goofy smile and maybe glares at people. Is that why he is such a "comedic genius"? Because you think his face is funny?
Look, I'm not telling you to dislike him. If watching Bernie Mac makes life better, you should watch Bernie Mac. I'm glad that Bernie Mac makes you happy. But he does not make me happy. No, he does not.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOUR WHITE HATRED IS LIKE A SUMMER BREEZE ACROSS MY BLACK BROW

Anonymous said...

WHUT3VA U N33D T3W CALM iiT DWN BCUZ B3RNi3 MAC iiZ THA B3ST ACT0R ALiV3!!! UR WHiT3 HATR3D iiZ WAC U N33D T3W CHiLL MAH FR3N...

Anonymous said...

bernie mac was tha king of tv,flims,and the stage and he will always be loved by all in this home ...plese stop hate n on others oppenons
we have minds and a right to use them.... i got noth n but love 4 bernie mac hes a grate actor and his show helps me get thru tha da ta day he makes me smile after i hear bad news like when ma cozo got shot all i did was watch me some bernie mac and for that 30 min I forgot allll about that horrilbe thing that happen ta ma fam .... so stay ^ all tha bernie fans out there and tha people who arnt scared ta share what they think...

God bless all on this page....

KnockyaSoxoff said...

He still leaves more to love, miss and admire than you ever will.
RIP Uncle Mac

SATSUXBALLZ said...

I'm happen to be okay with that, since all he left behind was racism and rhetoric for morons anyway.