Sunday, July 8, 2007

Irresistible (2006)


I missed the first half of this movie, but I think I got the general idea.

Louise from Thelma and Louise moves to Australia and marries Dr. Alan Grant and has 2 daughters who look and dress a LOT like the evil ghost twins from The Shining. The twins alone made the movie a lot scarier than it should have been. There's even a scene where they turn up DEAD (even though it's a dream). It was just one moment where I thought I was watching a completely different movie (which wasn't necessarily a bad thing, seeing how this movie is lame.)


Dr. Grant (who looks kind of like a dinosaur himself nowadays) is cheating on Louise with his hot secretary. Louise herself is a lousy artist who keeps hallucinating that she sees owls everywhere. She's somewhat obsessed with owls, as is Dr. Grant's secretary. She brings Louise a ceramic owl, which is a nice gesture. Except that the owl is filled with DEADLY BEES.












O RLY?

















YA RLY.










NO WAI!


So now I'm watching the Wicker Man 2: Wicker Woman at my buddy's house, and the mood has shifted. Grabbing him by the front of his shirt I hiss "Killing me won't bring back your god damned honey," which I think confused his dad who was also trying to watch the movie. I started to get really paranoid, which was a reflection of what Louise goes through as she notices family photos, toys and other personal effects missing from her house, replaced with deadly bees. Even her cat gets stolen.


So she starts assuming her husband's secretary is coming in and stealing stuff...which is a good call, since she's wearing her stolen dress and giving her owls with bees in them. Then Louise starts stalking and breaking into the secretary's house until she gets a restraining order placed against her, which doesn't stop her. Is Louise crazy? Or is Susan Serandon, the actress who plays her, crazy for being in this movie? Who's looting her house and planting the owls everywhere? Did you know you can't spell secretary without...secret?


I don't want to ruin such a GREAT movie, but there's an insane plot twist in like the last minute of the movie that's somewhat creepy, if you can figure it out. This movie is like Psycho, Indecent Proposal, The Shining, Homeward Bound, Mad Max and Wicker Man all rolled into one. I give it extra points for AUUGHHH THE BEES MY EYES MY EYESSS

1 comment:

SATSUXBALLZ said...

i cast beard of bees on defense mode!!!